Lid Camera Alignment Examples FTW

If you zoom all the way in, you can see the pencil marks I referenced on each side, perfectly lined up with the middle notch on either side of the guide.

I can use any number of methods to line things up - just threw a couple of examples up. I have a larger square like the black one I posted, but it’s lost under a pile of offcuts at the moment… You wouldn’t need to buy anything, though, because, well, we all have this awesome machine capable of cutting precise things out of solid material… :wink:

3 Likes

Hey Nice ruler grid. Do you have the file for that for me to try to make?

For future reference, it’s actually a violation of the forum rules to ask people for their designs – but in this case, you’re in luck, because he already posted it up above --> Lid Camera Alignment Examples FTW

Sorry about that. I wasn’t aware, and thanks for letting me know for future post. My apologies!:grinning:

3 Likes

I’d been meaning to ask you how you aligned it. Thanks for these posts, it’s really useful.

Ja… it’s above…

Edit… out friendly neighborhood spidergeek already got you covered!

1 Like

Same!:confused:

These should not be issues with a machine that costs more than my first car. Lol. Seriously though, I have yet to get mine, and between this and the stuff I read in the problems section, I’m beginning to worry. The camera alignment is one of the big reasons I went with the GF over other machines. It makes it look so much easier to use. But, if the alignment is not correct it makes me feel like I made a poor choice. Crossing my fingers mine doesn’t have any major issues.

Since the original post there have been major improvements and consistent updates regarding lid camera alignment. Two tools have made a big difference: 1. the set focus tool 2. the lid camera calibration routine.

Not to say that some folks might run into alignment problems here and there after setup. Mine has held alignment all this time. One of my goals on this was to have people share their experience. Some folks who had issues did. Not too many posted a positive experience. Normal enough. Negative experiences are in general first to be noticed.

3 Likes

Haha! I guess it’s like those Amazon reviews that have 1,000 reviews and gets 4.8/5 and all I see are the few bad reviews.

3 Likes