Lid Camera Calibration Beta

Pre-calibration, I needed to move my designs 3-5 arrow clicks left or right, and 5-7 clicks up or down, to get them to land on target (depending on bed placement).

Post-calibration, I need to move my designs 0,0 clicks (maybe one click in the bottom left corner), or about as perfect as I could ask for. This machine has reached a whole new level of utility and usability.

9 Likes

Thanks Dan and the Glowforge team. Ran the calibration and test on all four corners and center and its pretty dead on. For a lid camera accuracy I am very happy with the results! Great work!

When you refresh the bed, does it refresh based on the last focus point? Example: When I was testing the corners, I moved the image, refreshed the bed, the imagined jumped, relined up the image, focused, imaged jumped again, relined the imaged, focused, this time good, cut and was spot on.

Is a good practiced to focus twice and cut once? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Set Focus S/W has evolved a little in the past few weeks, so I can’t be sure without checking. I believe if you refresh, or lift the lid that the Set Focus value will be lost and the Preview image will revert. So using Set Focus before adjusting the design to get the Preview accurate is best. You might also want to make sure the red laser spot falls on the correct position when using Set Focus just to make sure it didn’t miss the material. I tend to use the Set Focus multiple times to tweak the design placement.

We’re upgrading! Now that CC has graduated to full release in Latest Improvements, I’m going to close this thread. You can continue discussing and giving feedback on CC here:

The New Camera Calibration Community Discussion Thread

Also new: if your alignment is more than 1/4" off, you can get support using Camera Calibraiton to fix it from CS through the usual avenues (support@glowforge.com or a new post in Problems and Support).

Meanwhile, I’m going to edit and lock this topic so folks don’t accidentally post here for support.

Thanks for all you help testing to make this awesome!

12 Likes