Lid close sensor not working

hi all

With our glowforge we keep getting the message “lid open” in the web interface … the leds also shine dimly (like it does when the lid is open)… when we keep the lid open just an mm or 2 it seems to detect the closing (leds start to shine brightly)
I cleaned out all the little crumbs from anywhere near the lower door hinge …

we measured the sensors that are in the lid and these seem OK (measure 0 resistance when the lid is closed, and open contact when it is not

with this behavior we suspect a faulty ribbon Cable from the main unit to the door, is there any way to check this?

Kind regards

Wouter

The lid cable connector sometimes comes loose - can you try pushing it down? It should be clicked hard into place, if it bounces there’s an issue and for some that’s presented as a lid problem

1 Like

thank you for your reply, but that does not seem to be it

the ribon cable is sitting in its connector securely, both left and right of the lid and on the main unit

Ah well, it’s hardly ever the easy answer! Support will get here (or someone else with a good suggestion)

thank you, i hope support reaches this thread soon (its kind of an unnerving issue)

Thank you for taking the time to do some initial troubleshooting. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m going to send you a new part. I’ll be in touch with the owner of this unit via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.