Lid Leds Started Flashing and Now they just don't come on at all

So I have had my glowforge for a little less than a month. This morning it was taking a little longer to calibrate than usual… So I figured the lenses must be dirty. I cleaned them and after cleaning the camera and laser lens, I turned it on again and started a print. Now the LEDs in the Lid are flashing. It looks like a disco up in here. Any reason it might be doing this? at times they turn off all together for long periods of time. It seems like the laser beam is affecting the LEDs.

Might check that the connector at the rear of the top glass is fully seated. Small chance.

5 Likes

Hmm… how odd!

Can you post a video of this behavior?

I took that video while it was happening. It did that for about 2 hours and then stopped. It seems that it has fixed its self now. Just worried about it happening again. I don’t know if it was a firmware issue or an electrical issue. Hopefully it won’t be a problem again but I just wanted to make you aware.

1 Like

Thanks so much for posting the video.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing a hardware issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.