Lid not closing all the way

Just took out of box lid on right side pops up

Your surface is likely not flat. You need to place the machine on a flat surface, or shim up one corner to compensate.

Here’s a similar thread:

3 Likes

Level as can be

Level and flat are not the same thing.

7 Likes

Level is not the key, FLAT is. Lift one corner of the machine while watching the lid. When it does close shim that corner.

4 Likes

Your right if I lift up on right side it closes the gap

4 Likes

This ^^^^
Alternative to shims is a piece of 1/2 inch plywood between the machine and what it is on.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Each Glowforge unit is tested on a flat surface. Many tables are not perfectly flat, which can create some friction when the lid closes. This is not harmful and does not require any changes. If you would like to improve it, however, try inserting a spacer - for example 20 sheets of copy paper - under the center of the printer. If that doesn’t help, try moving the spacer to either edge. It may require some experimentation, including more or less paper, to find the arrangement with the least friction when it closes.

all set thanks

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!