Lid Open error/Replacement cable

Based on everything I have read it seems like I need a new cable.
Does anyone have one to sell?
How long did it take to get a response and replacement? What is the cost from Glowforge.

Thank you all

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here. They’ll be along soon to help out – it would be a good idea to specify what problem you’re having and what troubleshooting steps you’ve taken that have led you to believe you need a new cable. It would be disappointing to wait for it to arrive and find out it wasn’t actually the problem!

2 Likes

They are in the store. Link above.

Thank you. I found it under materials.

My issue:

Turn on machine
lights up
fan kicks on
no movement, homing etc
top states lid open

Have cleaned, check connections etc with no luck. hopefully replacing the cable will resolve the issue.

Yeah, you’ve probably diagnosed it correctly, then. Good luck!

It would not be terrible to have one on hand, so when I had the problem i bought a new one before I got the confirmation that it was the cable that was the problem. Keep in mind that they are very tricky to install and quite fragile making it even trickier, so you want to be very sure the old one is bad before trying to install the new,. I was surprised that mine worked as I wa sure I had damaged it trying to install it.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag!

I’m so sorry to hear you’re having problems. Could you do the following for me?

1. Power off your Glowforge

2. Open the lid and front door of your Glowforge

3. Remove your crumb tray

4. Check for and remove any debris that may prevent the front door from closing properly, particularly the area underneath the front door

5. Close the front door and lid

6. Power your Glowforge back on

7. If you’re still receiving the Lid Open message without the crumb tray installed, please take a look at the following photos and let me know anything looks different. If you see anything that looks different, please take a picture and send it to us. Also, if the lights on the lid of your Glowforge are not lighting up, please let me know.

​ ​

​ ​

Completed all these steps. Everything is normal and the lights coming on.
I purchased a new cable and hoping it will ship today to have a chance to get before Thanksgiving.

There is another thread that support has included some pictures you may want to look at.

Lid Open error/Replacement cable

Problems and Support

Hi @theformans09

Thank you for letting us know you’d ordered a replacement cable, I believe that’s the best next step here. This should get you back up and printing right away.

If you are still having trouble after replacing the cable, let us know. What we’d like to do in that case is ask if you could take close-up photos of the three cable connections and send them to us via email at support@glowforge.com

As this cable is likely to get you all taken care of, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic, but feel free to create another topic if that cable doesn’t resolve your issue, or reach out to us via email and we can jump right back in where we left off.