I’ve powered it off, opened the lid and front door, removed the crumb tray, cleaned up a bit inside, put it all back together and powered up again. Lid Open message persists.
Is the front door sitting flush? It can dislodge from the lower hinge pin. Also, if it’s a Pro have you removed the shields as they may interfere with proper door closing on occasion.
It’s not a Pro unit. Both doors appear to be tight, flush and functioning normally.
The signal from the magnetic safety interlocks is carried through the ribbon cable in the lid, along with the LED lights. Checking that connection is all I can think of.
You didn’t happen to spray cleaner on the inside lid? I remember someone had an issue with their lights after doing that, presumably because moisture got something wet that didn’t like it.
I’m so sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Could you please do the following for me?
- Power off your Glowforge
- Open the lid and front door of your Glowforge
- Remove your crumb tray
- Check for and remove any debris that may prevent the front door from closing properly, particularly the area underneath the front door
- Close the front door and lid
- Power your Glowforge back on
- If you’re still receiving the Lid Open message without the crumb tray installed, please take a look at the following photos and let me know anything looks different. If you see anything that looks different, please take a picture and send it to us. Also, if the lights on the lid of your Glowforge are not lighting up, please let me know.
01 Front Left
02 Front Right
03 Door Open Left
04 Door Open Right
05 Door Closed Lid Open Left
06 Door Closed Lid Open Right
Thanks in advance.
All detritus is cleared from the bed and under the door. Door is correctly aligned and flush with the front of the unit as in your photos. Lid is also correctly aligned and flush with the top of the unit. LEDs are illuminated.
So… what’s next? The obvious door alignment issues don’t seem to be in play but this is still a non-functioning machine. Do I need to make a warranty claim? How do we do that?
Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.