Lid open message with closed lid

I have a pro and am getting a message about the lid being open. I checked all of the cables and nothing is loose. I have a ton of orders to complete and need assistance asap.

Bob I too started getting this message yesterday hope we find out cause soon

1 Like

The lid open error is worst-case-scenario an issue with the black cable - a staff member will be able to look at your logs and verify, but in the meantime you should check the following and post your results by editing your top post:

1 Like

There are other things to check including checking to make sure the lid is actually down as the smallest bit of stuff will keep the lid from closing enough and pushing down could just hurt the hinge and not solve the problem. A strong magnet at the front right and left front of the hinge should cause the message to stop, even momentarily.

A bad and frequent issue is the black table that runs across the back and the metal threads in it can crack and cause an episodic or permanent issue, These can be owner replaced but it is tricky to do so, and currently, they are being sent rolled up which is not great for such fragile things. Likewise, it is tricky to replace without damaging it again.

In any case Either an email or opening a post here will get a tracking number assigned to the person opening the post, another person adding on will not get another tracking number, and sending an email And posting here will open two numbers and cause delay and confusion and delay response.

Ultimately only the mothership logs can be a final confirmation that it is the black cable, and replacing it unnecessarily can make the situation worse if the cable is damaged in replacing.

Ultimately opening the lid as far as it will go puts a strain on the black cable and can cause the problems you are seeing, and several more depending which wire is cracked.

1 Like

@bob.lucas40, I see that you’ve also emailed us about this issue and I’ve just sent a response to you there. To avoid duplicate communication, I’m going to close this thread and will continue working with you over email.

@kraftymomkrafts8, if you have not already done so, please email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to take a look into the trouble you’re having. Thank you!