"Lid open" on last print

Yo I’m on my last gift for Xmas. I was about to cut the last sheet and I keep getting lid open, door is closed all the way. I just re cleaned the machine, I disconnected and reconnected wifi to no avail. I don’t know what’s going on…

There are a lot of posts about this. Is it different then anything that the other posts have? We can try and help you on this request but it is really one of those things where the most efficient way is to look at the other recent issues that aline with yours and state what deviates.

The lounger route requires regurgitation of what has been stated.

So is you issue like any of these that come up with the search function:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=lid%20open%20%23problems-and-support

Also, have any of the recommended solutions worked?

2 Likes

“We have contacted you and this topic is closed” doesn’t really help right now.

I think I will save you the embarrassment by simply reiterating that you should read over the cases in the link I posted. Not even the top 3 have a response like you are quoting.

If you deviate from those issue then please post back how you deviate so that we can help you.

2 Likes

Black cable

Oh! So you are missing your black cable? Well ya, you certainly need one of those.

They are out of stock for a while but I have some that I have been giving away to those needing it.

1 Like

It’s in there and I tried everything in the other threads. So I assume that’s it. Sell me one or two

Your assuming that it is it. For the other threads I referenced, the users gave a lot more of the needed information to properly diagnose what the issue it. I don’t sell the cables. I lone them out for free (sometimes people actually give them back later but I don’t require it) but they get removed from my other machines and the spares I have for each so that as a community, we make it through the next restock. Not selling ‘one or two’ but here is a listing where you can buy them at:

2 Likes

That Ebay guy is selling a $20 cable for $400? Are you freakin’ kidding me?
It says it includes Priority Express Shipping. For that price, it needs to be delivered within 10 minutes and installed for me.
Holy Cow.
Ok. I’d pay MAYBE $100 for overnight if I really needed it “yesterday”, but this is price gouging.
Priority Express Shipping is about $30 or so.
I wouldn’t touch this with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

If you’ll pay this much, then I have a slightly used PS5 Disc version for $3000, and I will deliver it myself within 250 miles for free. I’ll even hook it up to your TV for that price.

3 Likes

Might be nice if you were a bit more polite and grateful to an offer of a black cable. You sound rather demanding.

5 Likes

@carlosc661 I am so sorry your Glowforge printer is saying the Lid is open. It looks like you sent us an email regarding this issue. I sent you steps to check the lid and black lid cable. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post and continue to follow up with you there.