Lid Open when its closed

Hi,
Can I get some help from my fellow forgers as support from this company is next to nothing.
I have been having a lid open pop up since last thursday. I emailed support and I received 1 automated email telling me to follow some steps which I had already did and included that it was done in the email. Its literally the same response they give to anyone that post the lid open issue.
I plugged out, cleaned, removed all debris from the unit and it still says lid open when it is not. I have used different computers to log in and refreshed my browser and its still the same.
Has anyone had any luck with the lid open pop up. I run a customization business and I am sitting on all my orders which have now been reported because my machine is down. Its the end of the month, I have my bills to pay and Etsy is issuing refunds left to right because my machine is down. How is this ok that you dont provided proper support when you sold us a machine that has so many issues. This is not right. I need help!

Hi @sasha1 I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been running into some trouble with an error indicating that the lid was open as you try to print. I saw your original email support ticket for this, and appreciate you getting back to us with some of the photos Jeremy requested to help troubleshoot.

I reviewed the returned photos, and wasn’t able to see anything that was physically obstructing the lid from closing in them. Because of this, I’d like to check that there are no issues with the lid system as it tries to communicate with the rest of the Glowforge. To do this, can you do the following?

I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge and looked at the trouble you’ve been experiencing. The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. Take photos of the five connections highlighted, with any attention to any damaged or loose connections you may find.

I can review those connection photos once received for any next best steps to get this resolved soon.

I’ll also go ahead and close your email thread so we can consolidate any troubleshooting to this thread, and I’ll look forward to your response. Thank you!

Attachments

Hi,

Everything has not worked out. I had to travel hours to get to another laser worker that has been gracious enough to allow me to use her machine for a fee. I havnt been home in a few days because of this and honestly, I doubt the trouble shooting info you gave will make any difference. As soon I get home, I will go ahead and send you the results.

Hi Sasha-Ann,

My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge and I’ll be helping you troubleshoot today.

It looks like we were able to get this solved for you over chat. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post now. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else feel free to send a message our way by either creating an email ticket or a new forum post!