Lid open

I have the crumb tray out and have set up to engrave my MacBook. I see the MacBook from the camera, but there is a lid open warning. I have open and closed the front tray door and the lid. I have restarted the cutter. Anyone have this experience?

Joe

A forum search will bring up quite a few, actually. :slight_smile: Here’s one with some troubleshooting steps you can try, while waiting for support to respond:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve already read most of these. I think I have it set up right. Not sure why I’m getting lid open.

In the one that I linked to, if you scroll down to @vee’s message you’ll see the list of steps Support will ask you to go through, to rule out some possible causes. It will help speed things along if you post your findings for each of those steps. :slight_smile:

I had this issues several times. I found out that I was not closing the front door all the way because there was little crumbs in the hinge area now i check it before I hit the button even if not saying Lid Open…

2 Likes

I experienced the same thing. Front door looked closed all the way, but wasn’t…apparently.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you ran into this issue.

I extracted the logs for your Glowforge to investigate, and it looks like you’ve printed since posting.

I’m going to close this topic, but please post a new one if the issue returns or you have another question.

1 Like