Liquid Leak Issue

Dear Community,

During a cutting session, I had a liquid leak from a screw under the machine, on bottom left side. There is also some liquid in the left compartiment of the machine (see pictures). I suspect it comes from the cooling liquid reservoir. The leak was not negligible, I had a little puddle on the floor under the machine. The leak stopped once the cutting session was over. Now I’m afraid to damage my Glowforge if I start another cutting session.
We have been using our GF for several months, the issue appeared yesterday.
Did someone ever faced the same issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Helene

Posting here opens a support ticket. They will likely need pictures, if possible, to determine the next steps.

Hi again eflyguy,

Thanks for your advice !

Some news. We powered on our GF, the bubble in the laser tube disapeared (good), but the dripping started again (not good). There is a leak in the cooling circuit. It is dripping from two places :

The GF was on for arround a minute. Here is the amount of fluid that leaked :

75174682_1652028628283607_8971739265813723700_n

You should not use the machine until you hear from support.

3 Likes

Also don’t open any more support tickets, it just slows them down. :slight_smile: You can post freely anywhere else in the forum, but posting in Problems and Support opens a ticket, so now you have two of them here. Hang tight, we’ll all send you lots of love and empathy while we wait for them to get here!

1 Like

Sorry, we are a little stressed here. Our GF is our only production tool so we already lost one day of production :confused:. Do you know if I can reach someone on the phone to help us ? Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

Thank you for providing such great details and photos. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I just replied via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.