List of Names for your Glowforge!

First was MakForge and it was a wonderful machine. Mak has been a nickname of mine for a long time. Being a very early Glowforge, it had its issues but I was able to make so many cool things. My Maker Faire loaner was MakForge Jr.

Out of deference to the original pre-release, I thought I would use a different name for my forever forge. Zatoichi it is, somewhat ironic as the blind swordsman, but very precise with its blade work!

7 Likes

Valley Forge II (my PRU was Valley Forge)

4 Likes

Dexter and Dexter 2.0 (Original Dexter had issues so was replaced with Dexter 2.0)

Captain Awesome and I love the show Dexter so we named our Glowforge after it.

6 Likes

Here at the Simpson household, we had to name our Pro: “Mr. Burns”

11 Likes

Im still waiting on my email,
Aten

But some play on Aten. (Damned autocorrect…) grrrrr

4 Likes

…obviously. it was preordained.

1 Like

As an alternative, “I am Jac’s awesome glowforge” is a pretty long name but… Fight Club!

3 Likes

I thought about using Trillian (because she was the smart one), but I finally settled on Jarvis from Iron Man.

3 Likes

I am Jac’s awestruck admiration.

2 Likes

We named our Pro unit Abby.
Abby who?
Abby Late
(ablate)
Props to Young Frankenstein
Young Frankenstein Clip

11 Likes

Well I wish I had a more creative or funny one now that I’ve seen all the different names.
But mine is called Ray.

Noun
1 a : any of the lines of light that appear to radiate from a bright object
b : a beam of radiant energy (such as light) of small cross section
c (1) : a stream of material particles traveling in the same line (as in radioactive phenomena) (2) : a single particle of such a stream

It serves both a a simple name and as scientific term.

Meh.

6 Likes

I named mine mugeko. Amida, the Buddha of Unimpeded Light (mugeko nyorai), represents infinite wisdom in Pure Land Buddhist traditions.

4 Likes

Dang! I’m so impressed with all the meaningful names (and my husband would wriggle over the Abby Normal thing - I have to hear that quote multiple times a week :smile:).

2 Likes

Mine is named Lux, because it translates to light in latin.
it’s also the SI unit of illuminance, equal to one lumen per square meter.

2 Likes

My kids named ours Major Lazer, after the band. They’ve been rocking out to ML tracks since they were super little:

6 Likes

Ours is named Georgy-Forgy. :slight_smile:

Because, " I will hug him and squeeze him, and call him George"

7 Likes

I named mine “Star Blazer”. My eschusion is the Space Battleship Yamato with the button as the wave motion gun.

5 Likes

Just remember you can not allow your Glowforge to lose focus, not for even one nen

2 Likes

I call mine “The Messiah” because it hasn’t yet arrived.

13 Likes

Beamer…

'cause it has a BEAM in it…

LOL

1 Like