Listen for the lens "click"

It’s been said many times, but make sure you listen for the “click” when reinstalling your lens after cleaning. Apparently, I wasn’t paying enough attention today and my lens didn’t click into place correctly. So now I’m out of commission until I can get replacement lens and figure out if there are other issues.

Here’s what happened:
I cleaned lens and mirrors then cut one small part for a friend.
Moved onto the next project, but it did not cut properly.
So I figured I would clean lens and mirrors again just to be sure.
Lens basically fell out and you see the result.
I also noticed what looked like a loose ring inside the head. Turns out to be a rubber ring that apparently got out of place and damaged by laser.
Now if I reinstall lens, it does not “click” in. Doesn’t seem to be any magnetic retention. Not sure what’s going on there.
Waiting on Tech Support response to see where we go next.

Don’t rush…prep properly.

3 Likes

Yikes! Appreciate the timely reminder. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag! I appreciate you providing these two images.

Based on the images, your focusing lens will need to be replaced, as the inner plastic ring has been removed from the lens. I also notice that it may have been stuck inside of the head when you took the top most image. Were you able to remove the inner plastic ring from the inside of your Printer head?

I have not removed anything else from the head except for lens and rubber ring as shown in the second picture. I didn’t want to do any more damage.

I did notice after I sent my message to support that I was getting no magnetic retention if I put the lens back in.

I am assuming that the new part is something that I will be able to install myself? Do you have picture of the replacement focusing lens so I can see what I should be removing from head?

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.