Little layered cabin

Day 2 with the Glowforge! I made a little art-thing of our family cabin. The original idea was to create some simple coasters but some of the “slides” don’t have enough design on them to stand alone. I may still try to refine it to be though. Still, for such a simple thing, it looks really cool and better in person.

I left the tape on in some places which I’ll probably take off but it is masking some parts where I don’t necessarily want to see through. Maybe next time I’ll find a different power setting to create a different frosted look or just engrave it all with some score outlines in some places. It’ll be fun to experiment!

66 Likes

It’s like a treasure hunt!

Welcome to the fun house! Nice results, I especially like the parallax that one will see passing by. :sunglasses: it gives great depth!

4 Likes

Absolutely stunning!!!

1 Like

Fantastic

1 Like

It looks just fine without the tape… but I still want to refine it a bit more. :wink:

8 Likes

This is a very solid first post.

4 Likes

I like the 3D look.

3 Likes

Wow, I really like the 3D art here! I look forward to what else you will come up with! Since this is only day 2!

3 Likes

So pretty!

1 Like

Looks fantastic

1 Like

Gorgeous cabin! Excellent representation of it! Welcome to the forum!!!

1 Like

So cool! Next, make it a multi-colored edge-lit piece.

1 Like

It crossed my mind. I have some of those cheap edge lit pucks on order but for this some microcontroller and 3D printer action might be in order!