Little Wallet

This was supposed to be a larger wallet, but I placed my stitching holes too close to the edge. This is the piece I salvaged. The stitching is horrible (learning…) and 2 of the holes didn’t line up.

I still love it though. Still functional too.

39 Likes

I think it’s the perfect size. “Smallets” are the best.

3 Likes

Ferdinand! :slight_smile:

As they say in science circles, “negative results are also results.” The next one will benefit from your experience with this one, and you’re right, it is a handy size!

4 Likes

stitching just takes a little practice and taking your time. make sure you pull each stitch tight before moving on to the next. i’ve only done a couple of pieces, but i found myself moving faster as i went along, but you go slow to start to make sure you get good clean stitches.

if you’re going to do more than a one or two-off, a stitching pony makes things easier.

and yes! to ferdinand. didn’t catch that at first, nice catch @geek2nurse. i still have a little ferdinand from when i was a kid somewhere.

3 Likes

Hey, as long as it satisfies you I’d say it’s perfect!

4 Likes

Great start though–we only really learn when things don’t go perfectly/as planned!

2 Likes

I personally think this is great. If you didn’t say anything I wouldn’t think it was a salvaged piece.

I always tell everyone this, well, my kids anyway when they get a mediocre result on first try on cooking, movies, crafting etc.

The first time you make anything, it’ll always be the worst one. The next one will always be better.

2 Likes

Kind words! I appreciate it.

BUT I WANT EVERY PROJECT TO BE PRO ON THE FIRST TRY

(I need to do some personal work, obviously)

7 Likes

:smile: Don’t we all. (I think it looks great…I don’t show my prototypes.)

3 Likes

generally the same. there are lots of messed up things on my desk (or in my trash can) that never get photographed.

5 Likes

I have a whole unloved toys pile… May make a Christmas animated special about them someday.

3 Likes

I like it! Who wants perfect stitching? It’s overrated. Your wallet is SWEET!!

2 Likes

The stitching adds to the wallet’s character! Curious to see how the larger one turns out if you end up making that, too.

1 Like

Each step is a learn … Very useable … So, indeed you have success.