Living Hinge extension for Inkscape error

I am trying to use the living hinge to generate in inkscape. However I keep getting this error message and it doesn’t work.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “LivingHinge.py”, line 525, in
effect.affect()
File “inkex.py”, line 283, in affect
self.effect()
File “LivingHinge.py”, line 362, in effect
widthDoc = inkex.unittouu(svg.get(‘width’))
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘unittouu’

Can someone please help me?

You will probably get help faster over on Inkscape forums for support on an Inkscape extension.

I agree with eflyguy.

How long have you been using Inkscape? If you ever had Inkscape v0.91 on your PC it may not have been fully uninstalled. I had a different error, but it involved inkex.py and after two hours of troubleshooting I finally found an Inkscape 0.91 to uninstall (it wasn’t on my machine in programs, but Windows did find an uninstall for it that I ran) and upon reinstalling the latest 0.92.4 the Add Nodes extension finally ran. This seems to be a Win10 thing.

2 Likes

It’s a mismatch between versions. if you google the same error you should get an answer.

There are a couple of different versions of the hinge generator and you need to make sure you get the right one. I’m also not sure if it works with the new Beta of inkscape either.

I don’t used it often. I have the verson .92 I believe.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.