Loading Designs For Print

Okay I’m new to glowforge, 6 weeks in and was doing well with the learning experiences. For the past two days I’ve tried to load several designs so that I can print them all at the same time. The first design loads, but when I load the next design it replaces the fist design. It won’t let me load more then one design.

What am I doing wrong?

Help!

I’m not really sure if I’m understanding you correctly, but drag and drop your images onto the GFUI from the folder in which they are store. I rarely add anything through the interface. You will want to drag them one at a time.

I’m new too, but I find the way it works is:

1. Click “Create” then “Upload from file” to load a design
  2. To add another design, or even the Premium features like text, clipart, or shapes, click the big “+” sign at the top of your screen where the first design is loaded. Select the second (or subsequent) file from your computer, or a premium feature if that is what your are adding. Then place it in relation to the first design.

The only caveat is, you can’t add a Catalog design to an existing layout. Only files from your computer or from the Premium options. You CAN, however, make the Catalog design the one you start with, and just open it from your dashboard, and then add files to it by using step 2 above.

1 Like

^This ^

The + and “Upload”, or drag and drop - both from within the 1st design. It adds to the design you have open. I use this functionality literally every time I use the machine.

You can also drag and drop multiple files in the GFUI window. I did it today and it worked like a charm

Thanks for the answer @tjones , that’s right. Would you let us know if you’re still experiencing trouble @rick8?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.