Logo Upload Issues

I cannot for the life of me get a logo uploaded properly. I have saved it as an svg & png. Every time I upload it to the GF it is either extremely grainy or has extra lines and such. I downloaded Inkscape, but have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to bitmap tracing, and after hours of reading and trial and error, I’m at my wits end. What am I doing wrong??

BML

Can you get the original from the owner in a vector format?

4 Likes

I am the owner. I have saved and uploaded it as an svg with the same issues.

If you are looking to engrave it might be easier to raster it first, just choose a higher DPI.

I suspect the lines might be giving you a problem as vectors. The laser will cut the center of the line, no matter the width. They need to be outlined and flattened to be used as a vector.

My guess is you are engraving, otherwise the letters will fallout. So export as png large in in high resolution. You can than adjust the setting in the glowforge ui.

6 Likes

What are you trying to do with it? Do you want it engraved and then the outer circle cut out?

3 Likes

@raeleighjboutique Well…I’m not a graphic designer but I do like to challenge myself. Here is my stab and recreating a clean version of your logo in SVG.

Beard Lumber - FINAL

5 Likes

You are my hero tonight! That was magic. How did you manage that?

I basically redrew the entire logo in Inkscape. I could not for the life of me find the fonts that were used on the original one so I had to trace those as well. If you happen to know their names, let me know and I’ll try to find them and I can send a new version of it.

3 Likes

Beard Lumber - FINAL_v2

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.