Long engrave then errors

so I am trying to make some coasters, it takes a bit and creates the plan. then as its doing the preview it errors

I’m am guessing I have to make the job smaller but still unfortunate

Yeah, currently people are experiencing a maximum time of about 3 hours. Longer engraves will require changes to the S/W. Believe that is in the works. Surprising that it got that far without an error.

seems your artwork is hitting the cutout space - perhaps this might be the issue

That job doesn’t look like it would take five hours. What’s the LPI you’re using?

default proofgrade settings

I think that might be defaulting to 450 LPI, which is a lot higher than it needs to be for text.

If you want the same effect without the wait, use manual settings, set the LPI to 195 and the pews to 70 or 80 for a little more darkening.

It might load with those settings. (And you might try just doing half at one time, then coming back for the other half.)

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed the graphic setting for dark is 500/66 and 450, which was my first trial for the magnetic announcement. Way too slow for my requirement of 100, so I bumped zooms to 1000, bumped power to 80 and cut lpi to 270.

@Clone, yesterday while figuring the maximum units in my layout, I had waited for about 15 minutes ‘preparing my design’ - then it finished and I got a two second glimpse of the time required, then it errored out. Never saw that before.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you ran into trouble. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

1 Like

There’s a problem with our software in handling very long engraves and it looks like that what’s happening here. Your message will help us improve our software for everyone.

I suggest printing fewer coasters at a time. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.