Long time listener, first time caller

So after many many months of stalking this forum I can finally say my delivery is scheduled for next week!

I’ve asked to have it held at the local UPS so I can pick it up myself. My local delivery guy will be glad that I will finally quit talking to him about it I’m sure. He’s a nice guy and all but the idea of it riding around in his truck all day horrifies me. Everyone like the sound of a rain stick and all but its not what I had in mind.
The worst part of it is I’m thinking I’m going to have to pick it up and then I have to work my real job that evening. All the while the Glowforge will be sitting at home all smug like, mocking me while I am completely worthless at work.
Ive got several files ready to go (I hope) and I plan to hydrate myself and take the next few days off after delivery. My wife can just slide trays of food under the door while I cackle my best mad scientist laugh from within the lab.

How do you pick just one direction to go? I am like a kid in a candy store with the attention of a gold fish. Every time I see one of your projects I immediately want to make that instead. I have this collection of everything started at home. Leather, paper, wood, cardboard, ear ring parts, acrylic, etc. I just want to do all the things at once.

So thank you for all of the inspiration while I have waited. I hope to be sharing more with you as this adventure begins.

14 Likes

You don’t! Just focus long enough to do a project and then you can change directions.

2 Likes

You don’t! I’ve had mine for a week and I’m still zinging! ha

Congrats…you’re going to have so much fun!

2 Likes

Start a document in your favorite online note taker. Write down every idea you have – no matter how half-baked – in a nice bulleted list. You’ll be happy you did it someplace that is accessible everywhere. (I use a google document)

Do something similar with settings. Writing in a physical notebook is prone to loss, a nice google doc is far more protected from spilling or burning or whatever it is a mad scientist might do to it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations! Very exciting times ahead!

Maybe make something for your wife first … that way you will inspire her to keep sliding food under the door! :grinning:

1 Like

Yay! Congrats! :smile:
(Seriously, write the ideas down somewhere…the excitement will cause you to forget half of them!)

1 Like

Congrats! Hopefully you don’t have to become a Zombie like me. I reach the max temp limits @ 1000 hrs and can’t burn until 1930 hrs (10:00am - 7:30 pm) .

At least until I get an A/C unit. Enjoy, the journey is usually greater than the destination.

2 Likes