Loose part

While cleaning, I noticed that this black rubber wheel guide was sticking out and could be pushed back into place. When I move the arm, it works its way out. Back left guide when looking from the top of the machine. None of the other three seem to be doing this. Is it normal? Do I need to worry its going to pop off while running?

Update: I’ve added two photos while running so the light is better. One on the right showing it tight to the side, and the one on the left showing a clear gap after running for a bit.

FINAL UPDATE - I did more research. Seems there was a way to tighten the belt - I think that has it fixed. I’ve run it without it slipping. thanks everyone for the assistance!

1 Like

That’s not good, they are not meant to move until they wear out.

I suspect support will ask for better pictures showing it in both positions.

1 Like

thanks! I’ll make sure to get some. And be ready to order some parts.

Not at my Glowforge to check, but one shows a screw on the end and the other doesn’t. Check for a loose screw in the bed from the idler pulley if that is what is going on.

3 Likes

The rear ones are idlers mounted with screws into a plate. The front ones ride directly on the stepper motor shafts.

A loose screw would certainly be an easy fix, but they are installed with loctite and the idlers run on bearings, so there’s virtually no chance one could come loose. We can always hope!

Thank you for the assistance @eflyguy and @marmak3261. I’m so glad you were able to fix this issue @camie!

Since this has been resolved, I’m going to close this thread. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.

1 Like