Losing Resolution

Hey everyone!

I had a quick question about losing resolution on engravings over a period of time. I’m working on multiple pieces in sequence and as we go along the engraving seems to lose a bit of the details even though we haven’t touched or changed any settings. We make large batches of sometimes up to 100 of the same piece so it’s kind of glaring when some of them dropout details. Has anyone experienced these issues or have any suggestions on remedies. Thanks!

Stop and clean your lenses now and then. :slight_smile: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/cleaning-service-and-moving/cleaning#things-that-need-wiping

9 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion @geek2nurse!

@manderson24306 I’m sorry for the quality issues you’re seeing.

If you find cleaning doesn’t help, would you mind sending me photos of your results so I can compare the pieces with all the details to the pieces with missing details?

If you’d prefer, you can send them to me directly by emailing them to support@glowforge.com

1 Like

Could also be a temp related thing. As the :glowforge: as a whole heats up it can do things like this so making sure there’s a good availability of fresh cool intake air(which also includes clean, open exhaust lines for throughput at appropriate flow rate) is essential.

Good to check the exhaust fan. If you’re doing such large amounts, the fan will collect a lot of the exhaust materials at a fairly rapid rate. We’ve seen a few of us need to do this.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.