Loss of detail, letters bunching up?

Hi!

When I create/upload from file, I am experiencing a loss of detail especially when the image is smaller. I have not had this issue in the past. I did a test with type in different sizes to show what is happening. I have been having the issue trying to engrave. All of the type is outlined, grouped and welded. When I import, everything is ungrouped and it seems that the app is making the image bolder (almost as if it is adding an outline stroke) and actually moving the letters closer together. If you take a look at the 12 point size, you can see that the letters are overlapping. I am including the a screen shot from the app window and original illustrator file to show the difference. Although the images I am posting are just type, I am experiencing this with with illustrations as well and I can show examples if you think this will help troubleshoot.

I’m using Illustrator and have tried exporting as .pdf and .svg with same results.
Thanks for your help!

The new and (NOT!!) improved display settings make all designs appear “thicker”. It looks ugly in the UI but I’ve yet to find any difference in actual cuts/engraves.

Trust your design and, if possible, try a test engrave/cut just to be sure. The UI is just for basic layout on material.

or you can choose the less thick if you don’t like it.

@keithfry go to the 3 dot menu, then click preferences and you’ll get this box:

Choose your colours, and either More Precise (thinner lines) or More visible (thicker lines).

2 Likes

@keithfry

I’m sorry that the UI is making the fonts thicker like @eflyguy mentioned it is something the UI does but should not affect the end print. If you are seeing an issue with the end prints can you please give a date and time of the print I will be happy to take a look.

I see that the community also has provided some good advice on the next best steps. I’ll keep this thread open a little longer, and see if any of those steps helped. Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.