Lost bed area

I had my GF warranty swapped earlier this year and didn’t notice this until now. I don’t seem to be seeing the whole bed from the GF camera. In the first pic, you can see the Gift of Good Measure. What you don’t see is another inch of space before that. You can see what I mean in the second pic. You can even see the no area for engraving.

I don’t remember losing this much space before. The camera is solid and actually clean, but it’s extremely out of focus.

1 Like

They all do that. We are shown the cuttable area so we don’t try to place items too far to the left. (If you look at the rulers, you are still seeing roughly 10.9" by 19.5" of cutting area available to you. That’s all we’ve ever had.)

3 Likes

Ok. Thanks. I had always thought you could atleast see the far left edge.

Not for as long as I can recall. If you want to align to an edge to use the most material - switch over to using the right side. You can actually cut right up to the edge there. (They had to take it off of the left side to accommodate the head.)

1 Like

I lose almost exactly the width of the flat edge of the shelf on the left (and about 1/4" at the bottom) - but can see the far right edge just fine…so yeah, that looks about right :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer @Jules, that’s right.

Regarding the focus, could you please do the following for me?

1. Turn off your Glowforge
  2. Using a Zeiss wipe, gently wipe the lens of the wide angle camera on the unit’s lid.
  3. Place Proofgrade material in the bed with the QR code facing up.
  4. Close the lid and turn your Glowforge back on.
  5. Open any design in the Glowforge app until the bed image is refreshed. I’m going to close this topic. If the image is still not focused, can you send up-close photos of your camera lens and send them to support@glowforge.com?