I had a request for custom coasters. I was given a fair amount of freedom; they just wanted a specific pattern (shippo) incorporated. So I created the pattern, then I had too many ideas and much difficulty narrowing them down.
So here are a few of the coaster combos I made. Hopefully they will like them. I still have to work in the trivets they asked for. But I’m thinking I should probably keep that simpler because I’m getting a little sleepy now and I really want to get back to reading my book.
These are made with the green glass acrylic (because I had scraps leftover from my last project), medium cherry, Baltic birch, and 1.2mm cork.
The ones without the petals are the ones I made from the scraps of cutting too many. The acrylic is under those, and I will probably keep them since they take so long to cut that they really aren’t cost effective.
The ones with the filled in petals have acrylic on top and cork on the bottom. Those are going to the person who requested them.