Loud pop and flash of light

My machine was ending a simple cut and when it finished I went to open the lid and there was a loud pop and all the lights went out. It won’t turn back on, checked the wall plug and it’s working fine.
I tried all your suggestions about unplugging the Glowforge. Still nothing. I failed to mention that along with the big “pop” sound before it quit there was a bright blue flash of light that came from the right side of the glass tube that is in the back.

Ouch. I recommend waiting for support. This sounds like a return for repair problem.

1 Like

In the meantime, getting and posting a lot of photos around where you saw the flash or anywhere there is something unusual will speed that process up.

2 Likes

Sounds similar to mine. Hope you get a better deal!

https://community.glowforge.com/t/eur-glowforge-pro-just-tripped-a-circuit-breaker-with-a-loud-pop/94382/11

Boo… hope it’s back up and running soon!

@pam3 I am so sorry your Glowforge printer had a pop sound and now the lights are out. It looks like you sent us an email regarding this issue. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post and follow up with you there.