Loud pop when powered on for the first time, will no longer power on

So excited when it arrived, and carefully followed all the instructions in the web setup.

When I turn it on, I saw and heard the bubbling in the glass tube, then there was a sudden loud pop (like a light bulb), and the entire device went dark. It will no longer power up at all.

Is there anything I can do on my end?

-John

Did your tube break? That happened to @bwente, and apparently that sounded like a lightbulb popping.

Glad that isn’t the issue :blush:

Remote possibility that your circuit overloaded. Check that by plugging in a lamp or something into the receptacle.

Otherwise, Ouch.

2 Likes

That loud pop would say to me that we’ll need to wait for the Support Staff to answer this one. To me it sounds like a replacement scenario.

Sorry you’re not able to start using it right away! My first one didn’t fail in such a noisy way, but I know what it’s like to not be able to use the shiny new toy.

They’ll get you squared away pretty quickly though.

1 Like

I don’t see anything that looks like a break, tube seems intact.

1 Like

When my tube broke, the unit finished it’s print job (without cutting anything of course). The electronics still functioned.

1 Like

Well, I waited about 15 minutes, and tried again. This time it popped twice in quick succession. Definitely coming from the area of the power supply in the back right corner. Leaving it alone for now!

1 Like

Pro or basic?

Basic, no filter.

1 Like

The Pros have a little interrupter back there, the basics don’t. (Might want to unplug while you wait to hear from support.) :frowning:

I’m so sorry! We’ll need to replace your Glowforge.

We sent you an email and we’ll work on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like