Love the New Glowforge Pro need to return Compact Filter

First of all I want to say this is one of the most supportive and helpful communities have been a part of, I don’t post much but I read a lot here. It’s one reason we love Glow Forge. My wife and I have noticed that we do not use the compact filter so we wanted to know the steps required to refund it as we’ve only had it a couple of weeks. I realize we lose 30% but since there’s no phone number I wanted to try to get a hold of somebody through the form as email keeps sending me auto responses and I know time is of the essence on the refund

2 Likes

Send an email to support@glowforge.com – they will respond privately.

2 Likes

I already did that - it just takes them a while to respond and I wanted it on record that I am wanting to return it as ours doesn’t even work. putting it out the window
is much better - we would not keep even the Pro unit if it were not for this community that makes us feel like the company’s broken promises in the past have been fixed. I would like to know from the people that are early adopters since I have two weeks of my 30 days, what would you guys do if in my position? We enjoy the fact that this is a very easy to use product that was delivered in a timely manner. What really bothers us is the fact that we can never talk to a human being about any issues even though everyone we have talked to has been so very kind and helpful does anyone else have these issues wit the product or has everyone else been 100% fine with email only correspondence?

You were on record after your first email - they usually take a few days to respond - each additional email, or post here, will open a new ticket and each of them have to be found/verified/closed before they can respond to your original one and set up your return.

If you want faster communication there is a chat function on the support page which is staffed during Pacific business hours (if it says Chat, they’re online. If it says anything else they are not)

1 Like

Chat is available now (2pm PDT / 5pm EDT, 24 October)

3 Likes

Thank you so much

They have already started the refund process. Hmm they are pretty amazing so far…

They appear to have sold over 17,000 machines. The number of “complaints” is trivial relative to that number. Most of those owners are out there forging away without issues.

1 Like

For one I never said “it didnt work” i said “it worked very briefly” - the house was literally fuming after 1 total hour of light use. I mean massive smoke - my wife is sick cause if it. Now out the vent using an Amazon Window vent - zero smoke. Yea so they must be really rich to replace that every week. More power to them. Ill keep my Glowforge Pro and window and be happy.

2 Likes

I am only talking about the compact filter.

1 Like

Sorry to hear your wife got sick, we’re you cutting draftboard by chance?
I’ve happily used my Compact Filter for months before I was able to move it to a room with a window. (still on first cartridge)
Primarily cutting Baltic birch, acrylic and leather.

Oops - as @avyasproduction said, we arranged the refund but didn’t close this thread - closing it now!

1 Like