Low Power Mode

OOL, but this is outstanding, so here: :thumbsup: :clap: :sparkler::fireworks::tada::boom::dizzy:

Seriously, this just lit a fire under my butt to stay up late tonight and finish off custom orders so that I can be free to play with the low power :glowforge: tomorrow!

Woohoo! So very excited about this :smiley:

2 Likes

My wife basically said, ‘Holy #$@%. That’s awesome’.

19 Likes

How is the scoring? Still showing on the back on 1/8" material?

Dunno yet. But since all the power levels I’ve documented are now null and void. It going to take me a bit to find out.

4 Likes

Manual score goes 22% and 40 IPM. at lighter setting. There are now two settings for score. On my PRU with the lighter setting the first test goes through the whole material. Will do it manual at 1%.

Update: at 1% and 197 IPM it still burns through ProofGrade cherry plywood. I logged off everything and shut the Glowforge down and got the new GFUI.

2 Likes

It’s super #$@% awesome!!

2 Likes

I know right!?

6 Likes

Thanks for testing! Have you noticed a difference in “print even more quickly” as listed in the update?

Does anyone want to buy a lightly used Cameo? I am down to one use case now. Just cut a piece of cardstock. I actually started way too low and had to inch my way in. Beautiful cut.

2 Likes

Watching this feature come to life for yall is too much fun :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Feel free to add as many fantastic features as you like, we will give you all the fun you can handle. :grinning:

7 Likes

I cant tell you how many things I have waiting to use this! Thank you guys for getting this out there! Im excited! Is fan control coming any time soon? That seems like a sister feature to this one

4 Likes

Potentially if you’re serious lol. Buddy of mine has some serious laser envy but not enough cash to get his own forge. I suggested a cameo

1 Like

It was half tongue in cheek but sure I’d entertain a half fair offer.

1 Like

I’ll make him buy a new one :laughing: then he can trade me vinyl cuts for laser ones

1 Like

Cards, invitations, playing cards…

Maybe it’s just my lack of imagination but to me I think I’d rather use a stamp, press or regular printer to get an image on paper. Maybe the picture looks better in person than what I think it does. It also may look original, as in how did you do that? Tough for me to tell with a picture.

1 Like

I do a lot of engraving on foam which hasnt worked up until now, the lowest power and highest speed just went right through. Also cutting thinner materials was very hard to do.

@rubbersoul79 posted a photo of multi-layer cardstock that you can engrave off the top layer to reveal a different color below. This is the perfect application for that.

6 Likes

Not to mention lasering food without burning it.

4 Likes

On materials other than paper I totally get the low power setting being awesome. I just don’t get it’s use on paper other than to show off how low the power truly is. I also don’t get a lot of art so that’s just on me.

Edit: Scoring on paper I totally get. It’s just the etching images on paper

2 Likes