Lower Power Mode Project!

Alright, so as I said in another topic, I would try to be a little more active in the community instead of hiding in the shadows all the time. With that said, I was scrolling through YouTube and happened upon a video that I think a few of our peers here would like to try out ( as well as a few of us wanting to see the glowforge do some more work :wink: )

As you can see in the screenshots I grabbed, these are amazing lightboxes that have layered cardstock to project an amazing image when done. So there I was watching the video thinking, wow, I bet the new low power mode would make quick work of these cuts!

Here’s a link to the video, which is really well done in my opinion. She goes through multiple levels of skill in order to get the product: https://youtu.be/7ZOXIcCxtCs

Anyway, if anybody does do this with their gforge, please let me know!

48 Likes

Agreed, this is one of the first ideas on my list too. I love these. Have you seen the artwork for Firewatch too? I was thinking of cutting, painting and layering sonething similar to that.

3 Likes

I have now that you have brought it to my attention! Beautiful landscapes, and a perfect example to bring to this sort of project.

These boxes are one of my art series I want to make with translucent and frosted acrylic and plywoods. Can’t wait to get my GF!

3 Likes

If you throw together an svg for the layers you’re interested in seeing cut I’ll put it through my unit for you. I don’t have immediate plans for anything like this but if you want to see how they would turn out I’m happy to lend you laser time

2 Likes