Lucite Settings

So i got some Lucite with my inventables credit in order to make a few signs.
I did some test cuts starting with the Proofgrade Thick acrylic settings but notices what I am pretty sure was flashback.
Now I neddes with the setting a bit trying to figure out a better setting but it seems that the few i tried either didnt cut through or had some degree of flashback during the cutting.
Now the engrave and score settings from the proofgrade work like a charm. It’s just cutting I am having an issue with.
Here is a picture of some of the test cuts.

Just wondering of anyone else has had any luck with this material, or had similar issues.

3 Likes

Is this on a Pro or Basic?

Basic

If the settings are otherwise really close but you are just getting a little flashback, try placing the material on a piece of sacrificial card stock. That will help with the flashback. Don’t forget to adjust the material height for the extra material.

2 Likes

You might also consider some attempts using multiple passes, though I have to agree with @cynd11, the quickest and most sure is use the setting that cut through and mask or lay your piece on some other material (thin chipboard or mdf could work easily.

1 Like

I’ve used newspaper with great success in eliminating flashback.

3 Likes

Dang that is a great suggestion!! It is one of those…“Dang that is so simple why had I not thought of that”

3 Likes

That is a great idea!

I know, right!

I haven’t done much acrylic cutting, but it seems to me that it is more susceptible to flashback than other materials. Besides the sacrificial material, have you tried using 2 passes and faster speeds/lower power?