Machine Does Not work more than 3 times in a row

We use playwood and thats about it. After using glowforge pro more then 3 times in a week it will throw a mild temper tantrum and won’t focus or its’ new trick is that it will say the laser has been bumped. This happened after a perfect cut and after an hour when I went to start again (machine had been alone in a room) it kept saying the laser had been bumped.

I’m so sorry for the trouble with this. I’ve investigated the logs and sensor readings from your Glowforge, and it appears that there has been some buildup of dust and residue on the camera. When the camera lens is dirty or obstructed in this way, it may cause calibration problems.

Could you please follow the steps located on our support page here for “Things That Need Wiping”? After thoroughly cleaning, please try again and let me know how it goes.

Absolutely. I am disabled it might be a day or two until I can get to the machine but as soon as I can I will try the steps!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for updating us, and for taking the time to work through the instructions on our support page. We’ll make sure to keep this thread open for the time being, and wait until we’ve heard back.

So it worked but even with proofgrade materiality did not cut all the way through. One of the cuts was moved after everything was set up. This machine has me put,ling out my hair

Thank you so much for updating us. I’m glad to hear that you’re not experiencing the same trouble, but I’m sorry for the trouble you’ve ran into in regards to cut through. I’d like to have you perform a specific test print to create a baseline for your Glowforge, and ensure your Glowforge is performing within specification. Could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on

2. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.

3. Set the score and engrave steps to ‘ignore.’ Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.

4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.

5. Check the completed print:

6. If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut, please let us know the date and time of the print

7. If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.

8. If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.

Once we can review the log files from the print, we’ll send over the next best steps. Let us know how it goes!

I see you have another open post, and I just replied there. To avoid duplicate communication, I’m going to close this post.