Machine down, "lid open" error

HI there! So i have gotten the dreaded “Lid open” error on the refurn machine I recieved last month. I have tried everything suggested and currently waiting for a response on the ticket opened with GF support. My question is this:

Does anyone know how often this error leads to a warrenty replacemnt of the machine or is it typically the black cablel lid? Eater is this week and I still have orders to complete, I am trying to get a feel for how much money I am going to have to return to my customers. Ive already ordered the replacment cable just to get a jump on things.

1 Like

Statistically, over the last couple of years, it is by far the lid cable, based on what I’ve been able to see. (It’s common. Eventually it happens over time, even if you don’t open the lid fully upright. The wires inside break with flex failure, especially if you use the machine a lot.)

Very good idea to have one on hand so you can avoid delays if it goes out. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello @richelle.m.maki, I see that you’ve also emailed us about this issue and I’ve just sent a response to you there. To avoid duplicate communication, I’m going to close this thread and will continue working with you over email.