Machine is stuck Centering

My machine is stuck “centering” and displays the error message “the camera didn’t take a picture”.

Upon powering up the machine, the web app shows the machine go through the “focusing” steps and I can hear the clicking from the lens focusing. However when the app says it has begun “centering” the machine makes no attempt to move the printer head. Then the “camera didn’t take picture” error pops up. An old image from the last job is still visible on the print bed.

I have cleaned everything and done the following:
-Cleaned the camera, lenses, mirror, bed, crumb tray
-Unconnected and reconnected printer head cable
-Checked all of the other cable connections and took the pictures for support
-Turned off the machine manually repositioned the printer head under the camera and in countless other positions
-Turned off the machine and turned it on with lid open
-Reconnected and verified the wifi network connection
-Tried alternate wifi connection with hotspot on my phone
-Submitted support tickets with the requested attached images but have yet to get a response.

So I am currently stuck with a useless machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated as jobs are getting backed up.

I’m having the same problem and can’t figure it out. If you get your problem resolved let me know :confused:

having same problem here, now all I have is a $4k paper holder it seems… any advice?

I am having the same problem. Don’t know what to do.

To everyone not @ebrennan you need to either email support or open your own ticket. Support will only help one person per ticket.

To @ebrennan - Posting here will slow them down since they have to find/verify/close any duplicates before they can go back to working on your machine. They are working with engineering to figure out a way to fix your machine at home - if they can’t come up with one then you’re going to have to ship your machine back to them for a repair. That can take a month+ so let them try to figure out something else first!

This is the 2nd best time to make sure your business has a back-up. Research other lasers in the area that you can rent, or other laserers to whom you can sub-contract out your stuff. Every business should have a back-up plan!

Other than that you need to be patient. You bought a laser from a start-up. You saved a lot of money by doing so, but it does mean they don’t have 100s of CS and TS reps at the ready.

1 Like

@ebrennan I am so sorry your Glowforge printer is stuck centering. It looks like you sent us an email regarding this issue. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post and follow up with you there.

@rey1g22 @customraisedwoodwork @talos53 I am so sorry your are also having issues centering. Please create a separate forum post or send us an email and we would be more than happy to assist in resolving these issues with you.