Machine isn’t working

My machine is saying the laser head experienced a bump. Nothing is in the machine. The machine is also making a loud noise. The button also red orange. Any help would be great.

Odds are there is something to the left or right of the crumb tray that is hitting the gantry.

What kind of machine is it? (Pro? Plus? Basic?)

When does the noise happen?

Is there anything (material) extending out over the plastic at the sides of the tray?

You can try turning off the machine, moving the head by hand to the home position at the upper left corner, then turning it back on and let it finish the startup calibration.

Crumb tray isn’t in the machine. I removed it thinking that was it, but nope.

Basic, the noise happens when it tries to move. Nothing is in the machine.

Okay, can you shoot a short video with your phone to try to capture the movement and sound? (Most folks just upload them to Youtube and then post a link…the forum doesn’t allow much in the way of video.)

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble during calibration.

I reviewed the logs from your printer and it looks like your lid camera may need to be cleaned.

We also recommend reinstalling the crumb tray for the calibration.

If you need them, there are full instructions available here: Stuck Calibrating.

Please let us know if you are still having trouble after trying these steps.

3 Likes

Thank you. It works now. So thankful!

3 Likes

Thank you for the update. We’re glad to hear that your unit is now working as expected! If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please create a new post here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.