Machine not cutting

My GF has started to act up this week in a way I have never experienced. It has happened 3 or 4 times so far where I will run a project and all is well. Run same project, same setting minutes later and it will go through the motions moving the head around but never cuts. I will then re-start the cut and the laser head will just sit in one place as the machine counts down the time to finish the cut, and nothing happens. It requires me to unplug the machine a few times and I will finally get it working again. Im a bit worried something is wrong with the machine but hope its just software. Anybody else seen this?

Thanks for letting us know about this, and I’m so sorry for the trouble. I’m afraid we need a bit more information to investigate further. Do you know the date and time (including time zone) when this most recently happened so we can take a closer look?

Thanks for getting back. One indecent when this was happening was Oct 3 around 8 - 9 PM (PST). It happened several times that evening and has happened before and after that as well.

Thanks for that information.

I extracted the logs for your Glowforge to investigate, but unfortunately, I wasn’t able to glean much from them. The next time this happens, can you take a video of the print, including the laser head movement and tube, so I can take a look?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.