I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble! We have not recently provided an update or firmware update that effects or modifies Set Focus, or your Glowforge’s ability to autofocus, However, I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge for review, and compared it to the details you provided.
It does appear that you’re Glowforge may be experiencing a snag in properly measuring the height of the material inside of the bed. I’d like to have you perform a test print, so that we can create a good baseline for your unit. When you have a moment, could you please follow these instructions?:
- Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
- We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.
- Set the score and engrave steps to ‘ignore.’ Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
- When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.
- Check the completed print:
- If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut, please let us know the date and time of the print
- If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.
- If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.
Once completed, we’ll review the print and provide the next best steps. Let us know how it goes!