Machine not focusing correctly starting yesterday

It cut through. I will try another engraving.

But please tell me what you think that black engraving lines mean? It looks like unstable power.

The little holes dropped down about 0.03" when it cut which would account for a slight warp in the draft board and the image being off slightly in the image below

This looks out of focus

Holy crap.

Would a mod please either kick this guy out or block him somehow that’s definitely a violation of group rules from someone who doesn’t know me. And if he did, wouldn’t be saying anything.

sure sounds like a jab at me personally. hope i’m wrong.

I’m so confused. And there’s no need to call for my head anymore, I’ve muted this conversation and won’t be back.

I took that to mean from what he heard as he went through his own laser tube replacement experience; not what he heard about you. Don’t be so quick to jump to defensive mode, Phil.

2 Likes

I expect that’s the case. GF has said it takes some specialized equipment to replace and calibrate the tube. Back when the whole thing flared up originally a couple of years ago when they initially announced they wouldn’t allow end-user tube replacement after all, they explained the process a bit. Then when the firestorm continued, they allowed that they’d ship a tube but no instructions and you’d be on your own - and that the price of the tube shipped to you or the price of a GF serviced tube replacement would be the same.

So unless someone works for GF (or their manufacturing partner) they are not in fact capable of effectively replacing the tube. I wouldn’t presume to state that the OP is not in that group, just not thinking it’s likely due to the need to post on P&S vs checking with someone in the office or manufacturing plant.

2 Likes

@DesignsByPhil, I’m sorry about the ongoing trouble. Thank you for running the test print and letting us know the results. We’ve made a change on our end. Will you please restart your Glowforge, attempt another print and let us know how it goes?

1 Like

I will test tonight or tomorrow. Thank you.

Mine still experiencing issues also, dude.

1 Like

Testing now. Its definitely making some different noises centering.

First test was a small miniature sign. Looks in focus.

I’m now testing the main item that was continually failing in acrylic. Itll be done in about 30 minutes

SUCCESS!

What ever you did worked! Completely back to cutting thru 1/4" black acrylic in one pass. 120 speed full power!

It was talking 3 passes all the sudden at even slower speeds.

Please make the fix permanent!

What was it by the way?

I’m so glad! Your report helped us find and fix a rare bug. If anyone else experiences similar problems, please email us at support@glowforge.com

2 Likes