Machine offline(resolved)

My machine is offline. I’ve tried turning it off and on several times. I’m using a hotspot on my phone. I haven’t really had any issues before. I know rebooting the router has been suggested, but I’m not sure how to go about it with my phone hotspot. Or maybe it’s another issue? I keep getting the green button when I hold it for 10 seconds. Otherwise it’s not moving or calibrating at all. Thanks

Every time.you hold the print button down for 10+ seconds and get the green/teal light you are telling the machine to go through a completely new setup. If you’ve got that light by commanding it you might need to complete the process by going to setup.glowforge.com

Most folks never need to do that after the very first setup.

1 Like

Well, it’s not the usual teal. It’s actually green. I’m assuming that’s something different.

The green light is the start of a new wifi setup. The machine is waiting for you to tell it what network to connect through setup.glowforge.com

4 Likes

@rpegg it worked! thank you so much!

I’m glad you resolved it! Thanks, @rpegg. I’m going to close this thread - if you run into any other trouble, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!