Machine Overheating?

Acrylic creates a lot of dust. Anyway, better safe than sorry.

You probably don’t need your hubby to clean the GF for you. There’s no heavy lifting or anything. Instructions are here: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/cleaning-service-and-moving/cleaning

1 Like

Wanna Bet?

4 Likes

That’s an incredibly deep crib…I imagine I’d fall into that one too. :smile:

3 Likes

Our twin grandsons have cribs like that - but I found it difficult to put them in their packnplays without falling over. It was quite comical on many occasions. I can’t count the number of situations where I have fallen down or into things like chest freezers.
It’s a middle ear issue.
My biggest fear is getting pulled over and asked to walk toe to toe…Nope, Not happening. I try to keep enough money in my savings account for bail. lol

2 Likes

You won’t fit in the Glowforge. :slight_smile: If you can reach in to put in materials, you can easily clean it. Maybe not the exhaust fan, but the lenses are easy peasy.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

Can you have your husband take photos of what he finds during the cleaning before football?

(I’m sorry to hear about your dog, and I hope they’re feeling better).

2 Likes

Your gonna make me put my big girl pants on aren’t you!?!

2 Likes

I will take photos.

Thanks for thinking of my dog. He’s just a year old - he can’t open his mouth even under sedation. The Poodle brothers were celebrities earlier this year. I sent them to prison for basic training!

sq100-4724743335b2a3d931cdd3410f556225 sq100-a54e478666b545c0edb481f487caa28d

3 Likes

Hah. Good luck either way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For these boy’s - I risked it!

4 Likes

Adorbs! :smile::+1:

1 Like

We went through the cleaning routine and the exhaust…( there is only one right?)…
I’ve been using it today and have not had any additional problems.

5 Likes

Wow…I’ve seen a lot of photos of fans post-cleaning on here and yours is about the cleanest one I’ve ever seen. Did you gyrate around and get the inside of that one clean, too? That’s the tough one…

1 Like

Probably not. I could not see what he was doing . He didn’t think it was dirty and I was being “me”…lol

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!