Machine Stuck on Centering and under warranty

I am a business owner that uses the Glowforge, while using it yesterday the head of the machine stopped and it was stuck on centering. We unplugged the machine, looked around at the connections, restarted the machine and cleaned the lens to no avail. I am upset because this machine is my only source of income due to my job loss to COVID. I have orders to fill and I cannot make money. I need this addressed ASAP.

Here’s what support will often ask for, if you want to accelerate the process:

We checked on all connections and they are fine.

Hello @arunkle36,

I’m sorry to hear your Glowforge is getting stuck centering. Thank you for checking the cable connections and posting the photos.

I extracted the logs from your unit and it does indeed look like the issue is being caused by a poor connection to the cable on your your lid.

Since everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I can send you a replacement for that cable, along with some instructions on how to replace it so we can get you back to printing as quickly as possible.

I’ll need to confirm some personal information, so I’m going to close this forum post and send you an email instead. You should receive my email in just a few moments.

2 Likes