Machine stuck on “Focusing” after long cuts

Hello! I have been having problems with my glowforge for a couple months now. When I do longer cuts or pass through cuts it gets stuck on “focusing”. I have to turn the machine completely off for 15-20 min and then turn it back on. It works one cut and then back to the same thing. I can no longer do any pass through cuts. I have cleaned my entire machine and checked all wiring. Help!

That sounds like your WiFi is dropping during the long cuts, so when the machine tries to make a connection at the end it has to start over as if it just turned on. A staff member can look at your logs and verify how stable your connection is if you don’t have a way to do that at home.

How long has it been since you’ve fully rebooted your router? If the router itself is old, there may be a firmware update available too - both worth checking in to.

1 Like

Hi! We do not have a router as we are too far in the country to receive WiFi unfortunately. I use hotspot for my phone which has always worked in the past and I have not had any changes to that. That would be great though if they are able to check logs!

1 Like

What do you consider a long cut?

Anything over 10 min!! :weary:

Hi @weavernautumn. I’m sorry that you’ve run into some trouble with your Glowforge as it tries to focus. I just sent an email to follow up with the troubleshooting during chat earlier today. To avoid any confusion, I am going to close this thread to continue with any next steps through email. I’ll look forward to your email response. Thank you!