Made a notebook

Love that I can whip out a notebook for the kiddo! Some of you might have seen this design before :wink:

45 Likes

Love that design! :smile:

5 Likes

I have that design on coasters, notebooks, keychains…love it!!!

5 Likes

Yes, that is one beautiful heart! Love all things Celtic.

5 Likes

It is extra special! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks all! It seems it works better with proofgrade, I tried it with hardwood but it didn’t work great, was too delicate. So now I think I need some proofgrade cherry to make another one for my sister in law haha!

4 Likes

Okay, I might be a notebook addict. I really like this one!

10 Likes

Like that one too! Lotus?

2 Likes

Yep!

I was practicing inlay, and when it was going well, I decided to try on real wood :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like a perfect fit! :sunglasses: :+1:

3 Likes

My sister-in-law comes to my house and sees stuff I made, mostly with proofgrade and is so impressed and requests a lot of things. Her birthday is coming up, so I made her this. I love the proofgrade stuff, but dang, real wood is so cool! This is curly maple and bubinga veneer. When I put the finish on it, I almost cried because I can’t keep it :slight_smile:

The picture does not do it justice, it is just so beautiful and shimmery in person. Sigh :rofl:

16 Likes

You must make another one! :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah but I don’t need one, so… Maybe someday I will. This is what stopped me from doing needlework like my grandma taught me. It was really satisfying to finish something awesome, but at some point what do you do with it all? I love to make pretty things but I can’t do it if they serve no purpose

2 Likes

True that…I got rather a lot of notebook covers while running through the design process. :smile:

2 Likes

Do you have a file for this notebook cover? This seems to be the only one I can find with 16 holes, Ill be putting my own design on it and its only for personal use. Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dude! That is so awesome! And a perfect use for the curly maple. I’m jealous.

1 Like

I will see if I can find it, I’m just back from vacation so I haven’t booted up the other computer where I keep them. I will look later today or tomorrow and post something for you.

Thank you, I did love that one too. It was hard to give away, and I never got around to making one for myself. I am sure I will at some point though, it was one of my favorites for sure!

2 Likes

Here’s a plain template that I used for my notebook. Good luck!

plain_notebook

4 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

I am just wondering are you engraving then putting the veneer in the engraved part or are you cutting out and filling in the holes?

1 Like