Made Better With a Glowforge

It’s been a crazy weekend. As much as I wanted to focus on exploring the Glowforge’s capabilities, I was also committed to finishing an e-NABLE build, an Ironman-themed device for a young man in Mexico.

Then the thought popped into my head — How can I use the Glowforge to make this better?

5 minutes of laser time later…

The artwork was a jpeg from the interwebs

The soft focus was caused by me taking the image with one hand while manipulating the hand to grip the plaque with the other. :wink:

82 Likes

That is just too cool. He’s going to love it!

8 Likes

That is epic

4 Likes

What an awesome addition to your other work! I love it!

5 Likes

"Because giving someone an actual HAND isn’t awesome enough, let’s laser you a little sign"
You are the best @dwardio !

12 Likes

Awesome job man. And great cause to

5 Likes

Huh? Oh, nope, not me, but i wish it were, lol

2 Likes

whoops! I selected the wrong name, I’ll fix it, thanks

3 Likes

That just makes me misty. (Johann is one lucky little boy.) :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That is an awesome addition.

3 Likes

Man that is really cool. Next one you gotta put this on that yellow forearm piece :

He’s gonna be so stoked

15 Likes

Really nice job on the hand and plaque. I love seeing other Makers’ take on these.

Funny, I usually do Capt America ones :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Johann (6 years old) specifically asked for an Ironman hand. As you well know, we aim to please. :sunglasses: It was a good day.

15 Likes

That is way cool!!
Almost as good as the picture you shaking the new hand of the new friend you made! Those smiles…!

3 Likes

Guess I can start tagging them with these, too… :wink:

27 Likes

Love it. Mind if I use it for mine? Maybe we can start a trend and all enablers will use them :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wonderful! What a great idea! (I’ve been wondering what to use that little tag for).

1 Like

Go for it!

2 Likes

Great. Probably engrave a “Made specially for X” on the back so they’ve got a little token too.

5 Likes

Perfect. :+1: