Made "for" a glowforge

Ok like I am sure many of you, I have a shop full of odd size scraps as well as PG materials and other materials I use for my GF. Honestly the shop wasn’t that organized before I got this thing and now its really getting out of hand with all this new material. So I decided to make a rolling drawer design I had been thinking about for a while. I had some old garage door rollers I had replaced with quieter ones so here it is. Must say it serves its purpose. Will need to do some more upper drawers as well but for now I have a place to keep all those sheet goods and scraps.
IMG_1408IMG_1409IMG_1411IMG_1410IMG_1415IMG_1445IMG_1447

25 Likes

Everyone needs to organize or control it in some manner. Really starts to accumulate.
Looks like you may have it under control.

I use a triple zone method for the scrap. Rather simple.
Plastic + Leather pile.
Wood pile.
Single empty soda can box (2 inches? maybe 3?) full of smaller mixed scrap.
If it stacks too deep and looks like a third pile or another box is needed, time for triage.
More satisfaction in burning than just tossing in the dumpster. (your mileage may vary).

Interesting quote, for me at least. I had to really sort and manage inventory and tools initially to make room for this machine and its acquired materials. It seemed to absorb about a quarter of the shop area before it was done.
However, I can safely say the shop is more organized now than it has been since I installed the benches.
Thanks @dan.
Seriously, it actually helped a lot lol…

2 Likes

Very nice solution!

Great idea! I use something similar for my Kitchenaid, but it was pre-GF. :grinning:

1 Like