Magic Lantern Game System

Thanks for the information about the KnK Force. I hadn’t seen that before. If I hadn’t just bought a Silhouette Curio, I’d give this some real serious consideration. In fact, I may still.

1 Like

It’s still early days for the Force - was only a couple weeks ago the developers pushed out the first stable version of the software (not sure even all the backers have received their units yet)- but I’ve been happy with KnK machines before, so am hoping it will stay up to snuff

I’ll be at PAX East. Let me know what booth you’re in! I definitely want to try this out!

1 Like

I was really considering the KnK Force, to do things the Glowforge won’t handle well and help me stave off the yearning. Glad to see it going.

1 Like

Great! Look forward to it - I’ll post you on the booth info soon

Might be May before I get back to working deeply again with the Force, but I will post updates about how it performs on this project (and how that work transitions over to the GF)

2 Likes

Looking smooth. Some kind of a wrist-strap LED for reading your cards in a dark room may be worth investigating as a stretch goal. Physical product, so adds to the cost, but hopefully does not add too heavily.

2 Likes

or market them as an add-on.
also edge-lit, illuminated card holders, kinda like the letter-holders from scrabble but way more modern… they could be paid-DLC for glowforge owners…

2 Likes

Those are great ideas about lighting the cards- thanks!

Holy Moley! Excellent all the way around.

1 Like

This is absolutely brilliant!!! What a clever use of the light!

1 Like

i really like the use of a top instead of dice

1 Like

Nice catch about the top - people seem to love it (is this a dream?) I almost got rid of it as it can take too long for chance (compared to dice or spinner) but most playtesters said I should keep it and just mention players can stop it when they want (most of the games won’t require 100% perfect chance anyway). Also offers a quirky little time-skill mechanic for some games (spin it longer for you/your team to have more time advantage to perform an action).

For everyone who’s been following along, I just wanted to mention the Kickstarter for the Larklamp has gone live:

Also, @joe - I can now tell ya that I will be showing the Larklamp as part of the Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX east (they now have a tabletop section sponsored by Cards Against Humanity) — so hope to meet you and play a few games + share some laser-shoptalk

http://indiemegabooth.com/project/snyxtrap-larklamp/

8 Likes

That is absolutely beautiful. What a very interesting and fantastical concept for game play. I hope you are wildly successful.

1 Like

I bought your Larklamp game at PAX East 2018!

1 Like

Phenomenal! Thank you so much for your support - I hope you’ve enjoyed it.

FYI I am just about to release a big rules update for the Wisp in Vale game (really improves it/fixes some big issues) so keep your eyes peeled on the Lumo Amuzo website/Twitter/instagram/etc.

Funny enough, I am just now finally starting to use my Glowforge for the first time really- in this case to help me prototype/develop the next Larklamp game, which I hope to release this year (wherein my Epilog now is more the “manufacturing” workhorse).

2 Likes