Major issues cutting through PG material all of a sudden

Currently, I am having some really serious cutting issues. Yesterday morning, I cut out a few things on the GF, and it was fine. But since yesterday afternoon, I’ve been trying to cut out some simple lettering on different PG materials, but none seemed to work. I tried Thick and Medium Walnut Plywood, Thin Plywood, Thick Acrylic, and same exact result as you see in the attached screenshots - not cutting all the way through in any instance. I am using the default PG settings for each material, I’ve tried clamping down the material (whether it looks straight or has a bit of a bend to it) with clips (that I found on the forums here and cut out using the GF), but…nothing seems to be working.

Steps I’ve taken

• The GF is sitting level - the position hasn’t changed since yesterday morning when I started using it and it was working fine .
  • I’ve vacuumed the crumb tray, and it’s sitting in the GF as it is suppose to.
  • I cleaned the lens as recommended

I am really at a loss and very frustrated right now. This started happening out of the blue, and I don’t know if it’s wider GF issue, something unique with mine, or both? Would appreciate any insight and suggestions. I am wasting a lot of material - considering how there’s not much material available right now in the GF store, I don’t want to keep doing this. :frowning:

You need to also clean the 4 windows, and check the mirror. If you don’t know where they all are, look for the “things that need cleaning” page on the support website. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Already done. I checked the GF page you mentioned and went step by step - just didn’t mention it because I assumed if someone checks that page, they clean everything just to be safe. :smiley:

A lot of people miss one or more of them, and most people seem to never look at the support site, so I was just making sure. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh I appreciate it, no worries :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wood can be picky. As it’s now Winter, depending on how you have it stored, and the humidity of your area, etc., wood can do all sorts of things. That’s just nature. BUT! You’ve said acrylic’s doing the same thing. That makes it pretty clear there’s something else happening.

Based on the cleaning steps you’ve taken, I would think at this point you’ll want to hear back from Support who can look at their logs and see exactly what’s happening when you cut.

1 Like

Thanks Tom! I’ll probably reach out to them directly as well.

This request is you reaching out to them. If you reach out to them a 2nd time on the same issue, you’ll just delay their response. Let them respond to this request.

2 Likes

I see you also emailed us about this issue, so I’m going to close this topic to continue any troubleshooting through your open support ticket.

1 Like