#MakeMineMilkshake (aka halftone study)

I friend of mine and her hubby are prominent artists for Marvel and they got me thinking about halftones and old-fashioned comics. It was kismet as yesterday I was putting together this little file to see how halftones translate on the laser and today I learned some cool women in the comic industry were bashed a few days ago by some insecure men-boys. If I would have know earlier, I would have put a milkshake in the pic :slight_smile: :milk_glass::ice_cream:

This was my first use of :proofgrade: draftboard and it’s cool stuff. Want to try a painted/lasered version next time.

The halftones get denser in each pic. I kinda like the first one the best.

102 Likes

These are amazing! They turned out beautifully! I like the first one best, too.

6 Likes

Those are awesome! My fave is the first one as well!

4 Likes

so cool. the first one definitely pops more and i agree, i probably like it best. but i think it especially looks good as part of a triptych of varying density like this.

5 Likes

These are really impressive etchings!

I am not sure if we are using the same terminology here, but ‘bashed’ in Oz means to be physically attacked (and usually in a cowardly manner)
I certainly hope that is not the case and that your artist friends are alright!

2 Likes

it was online. men being childish idiots because how dare a woman work in comics i mean the nerve

6 Likes

Wow, they look great! I bought some of the Draftboard but have yet to use it so far. You are inspiring me!

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to play with halftones - this is a great inspiration to get started on it! They look great!

1 Like

That particular usage means more along the lines of insulted, criticized, belittled.

2 Likes

These are great! My father is a big popart collector and he has multiple Roy Lichtenstein screen prints. These are of course based of of half tone comic strips. (I even have a couple myself!) Great idea for a gift.

I had another idea. What about an acrylic piece. Inlayed pieces and duotone acrylic engraved…

11 Likes

+1

Neat tests!

A fine idea!

1 Like

Holy wow, I love love love these. I think I like the first one best too, but they’re all amazing.

2 Likes

I like the first one the best too.

1 Like

Fantastic! The halftones turned out clean and crisp. I’d love to see them reproduced with colored acrylic. Hope you experiment more (and post the results in this forum)!

5 Likes

Yes! Looks great to me! I love halftone artwork

1 Like

Love it, I think the 2nd has more drama while the 1st one has a nice blush to the cheek.

1 Like

LOVE! Super cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes