Maker Faire Bay Area 2017 TICKET GIVEAWAY!

These are always my favorite posts to make…Maker Faire Bay Area is NEXT weekend and I’ve got some tickets with your name on them! That’s right - we want to meet you in person, so we got our hands on a bunch of tickets exclusively for Glowforge owners.

We have tickets for either Friday, May 19th (which is a VIP, limited-access event called FRIDAY@MakerFaire from 1 - 5pm) OR for the main event on Saturday May 20th (10 am - 7 pm) or Sunday May 21st (10 am - 6 pm). The Sat/Sun tickets are good for one day only.

If you’re in the area & want to come by, please fill out this survey by 11:59 pm this Thursday, May 11th, to request tickets. I’ll be in touch on Friday to let you know if you’ve been selected!

Can’t wait to see you there!
Bailey

32 Likes

Wish I could go, but that is awesome of you!

8 Likes

To everyone going, have fun! Take lots of pictures!

7 Likes

If the dollar was a tad better. You guys have a great time.

I also pay a hefty ransom for a smuggled GF back across the boarder :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’ll still be packing my cases on the ‘wrong’ side of the pond, so yes, lots of pics please.

2 Likes

I wish. Going to be in the wrong part of the country.

1 Like

I was grateful to receive tickets last year and meet the GF team and see the Glowforge in action. It was very exciting. Sadly, I will be out of town this go around.

2 Likes

Really nice of you guys! I’m sooo hoping to go. I work every other weekend and was sure I was on my weekend off, but somehow got the date wrong. Gotta put in a leave request now. Still worth it though. :slight_smile:

On a side note, anyone know the best parking around the event center? I’m coming from the Stockton area.

2 Likes

Where do I send the invoice for my flights? :wink:

2 Likes

Wish I could be there. Looking forward to everyone’s pictures and videos. Have fun if you go!

1 Like

Don’t think I can make it, but hope to be exhibiting at MakerFaire NYC!

2 Likes

There is no on site parking. Last year they ran shuttle buses to four different locations including a CalTrain station.

2 Likes

I parked in a residential neighborhood just northeast of the event grounds. About a 10 minute walk; it wasn’t too bad.

2 Likes

There is no parking immediately AT the event. But last year a shuttle pick up from the YMCA (near TJ Maxx and Trader Joe’s) just a little north of the event was available. This adjoined a very large parking lot, which appeared to have plenty of space.

The line for the shuttle was almost always longer than the walk to the Faire from the lot. But at least it was somewhere to park.

3 Likes

Very cool! Wish I was in the area.

2 Likes

I would fly from Denver for the privilege of meeting some of the :glowforge: staff, but I have a reservation for a date with the legendary reefs of Cozumel. Another time perhaps.
Enjoy yourselves!:sunglasses:

7 Likes

Ditto, (and I wish I could see a reef or two in Cozumel) …but you guys who do go take lotsa pictures and video and tell us all about it when you get back.

(And you should all get together for a drink or two after… In vino, veritas. Might pick up some entertaining stories along the way.) :wink:

5 Likes

can’t make it this year, sadly, but last year I parked at the Y and walked to the event. I didn’t notice the shuttle, but it was only a few short blocks.

3 Likes

I’m a wildling, north of the (future) wall.

If you end-up in Ottawa, Montreal or even Toronto I’d be in on those tickets like a maker on a laser engraver.

5 Likes

Last year the good people at Glowforge gave me several tickets. I shared them with a friend and his son. They had never before been to a Makers Faire. They both had a really good time. So, thank you for gifting us the tickets!! Thank you very much! They had a chance to see what the glowforge could do and were very impressed with what it could make and how easy it is to use.
I won’t be going this year for various reasons.
I hope that all of you do get inspired and have an overall great experience!

Tem

6 Likes